Saturday, March 21, 2020

Africa...



On the shores of a small remote island off the coast of Zanzibar in the middle of the Indian Ocean I bathed my soul in the warmest waters my skin had ever felt. Tepid, like a Saturday night bubble bath, I splashed happily around the crystal clear shallow waters. Here, in this open body of liquid tranquility the personification of my baptized spirit began to manifest itself in my thoughts. My mind, my body and my soul began to converse with one another about the transformation of my spirit in this strange, yet oddly familiar land. It was at that precise moment it became clear to me this would be a vacation like no other. As I began to ponder what lie ahead for me on this journey I heard a handsome African man whisper over the breeze..."welcome home Queen." I had become one with Mama Africa and in an instant my subconscious and conscious mind began to operate in tandem. Singing a chorus for my soul. One that I did not know it yearned to hear. They told me I was home despite never having laid a foot on this land. How could this comfort of knowing become second nature to my thought process absent of practice or learning? How did the food, the people, the history, the culture all become an instant part of my kinetic being? We were one without all the formalities of getting acquainted with one another. Here I stood in the mist of all that was known and unknown. Here is where I discovered that I too had a history.





No comments:

Post a Comment