Saturday, July 26, 2014

Dinner & Diva's

During the course of my often hectic work schedule I try to eke out a little time to break bread with the women I refer to as #Divas. My support system of sorts, these are the women whom over the years I have grown fond of. The women I enjoy spending my most precious resource on, time. Since I have dubbed myself the unofficial Sunny Anderson of the group I'm usually on hosting duties. It's always fun for me to develop menus with unheard of recipes that once scanning the ingredients list you know the combination will yield scrumptious results. Everyone brings a bottle of whatever libation we've agreed on to get the merriment going and of course keep the head Chef happy.



Despite my downsizing to a townhouse with a smaller kitchen we still find ourselves all huddled together there laughing about whatever topic has bulldozed the conversation. My friends become sous chefs starring in my personal epicurean episode. Chopping, dicing, mixing and peeling we work together. It's a combination of Parts Unknown and Down Home with the Neelys as many of the dishes I make are often new to us, but manage to get that familiar feeling.



During this time we share stories, laugh, solicit advice, encourage, motivate and debate everything from politics to love. It's an eclectic mix of conversation and thought. I appreciated the ease and frankness of our discussions. I appreciate what I take away from each of our encounters. I am often reminded that time moves at a pace no human being is prepared for and that I need to slow down. That these are the relationships I want to maintain as I navigate this journey called life. I find solace in this sisterhood of support and kinship. I am a better woman for it.

3 comments:

  1. I love it!! Congratulations Diva... I am looking forward to your blog... and perhaps a sampling the next time I am home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to fellowship with other positive women to discuss this thing called LIFE! Maybe I will learn how to cook like Chef Diva, but for now I will keep her glass on full��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Divas for the positive words. I'm praying for consistency with it.

    ReplyDelete